It's a Couscous Kinda Day

It's a balmy 84 degrees and sunny today in Virginia.  Hard to believe that it was snowing last Sunday, but that's just the kind of unpredictable weather that we've become accustomed to.  Nevertheless, kids were out playing in our neighborhood, windows were open, and the energy levels were high.  Because it was so beautiful outside, I didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking so I whipped up one of my favorite quick and easy meals for my son & I to enjoy for lunch - Cheesy Couscous.  Tastes like mac and cheese, but so much healthier.  Plus huge bonus, the toddler doesn't know he's noshing on a veggie.

Cheesy Couscous   *Printable Recipe*
1 cup Israeli Couscous
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 chicken boullion cube (I use knorr brand)
3 T butternut squash puree
1 1/2 T grated parmesan cheese

Boil couscous in water with boullion cube.  Cover and stir occasionally for 8-10 minutes until cooked.  Add butternut squash puree and parmesan cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts