Hope For The Home Front

I recently finished an amazing book that I stumbled upon at my post library titled Hope for the Home Front:  God's Timeless Encouragement for Today's Military Wife by Marshele Carter Waddell.


I cried through this book and even re-read several chapters.

Such a well written book that so eloquently weaves God's word into the struggles of military spouses.

I highly recommend this wonderfully comforting book to ALL of the wives serving in the military.

It helps put this crazy military life into perspective and truly provides encouragement to those who serve alongside their active duty spouse.

Apparently the book has a new cover.  While searching the internet for an image to post, I discovered this....

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  - Matthew 28:30

To share a sweet photo of my husband and our son...
During an evening walk on post, we stopped for the playing of To The Colors.
(I love this photo!)

To The Colors is played every evening, and every soldier salutes the flag
no matter where they are on post.  


Comments

Popular Posts