Happy 2013!

Happy New Year ya'll!

It's been 2013 years since Jesus appeared on earth.

Strange to think about, but very true.

Every time we look at our calendar or write down the date, we're referencing Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Whether we realize it or not.

I love thinking about that.

Anyway, each year I usually succumb to the pressure of deciding on a New Year's resolution.

It's a just commitment to myself.

And an attempt to create good habits.

In the past, I've pledged to loose weight, spend more time connecting with friends, attend church every Sunday of the year, and so on and so on...

For the most part, I've been pretty successful at keeping my resolutions.

Except the losing weight part.

It has become an ongoing resolution that automatically transfers to the next year.  *sigh*

I guess the older I get, the more my body changes, and the harder it is to lose weight.

So along with losing weight, this year's resolution is to be more budget conscious.

I love being on a budget and tracking every penny that leaves our wallets, but unfortunately I've been terrible at it this past year or two or three.

So this is the year that we're tightening our belts and seeking out alternatives to our many conveniences.

The first thing on our list of cut backs is bottled water.

We got rid of the expense of buying bottled waters and installed a water filtration system on our faucet.

Isn't it lovely!!?

We're excited about it.

Wonder why we waited so stinkin' long to do this.

Also, I bought this Brita water bottle for my husband.

He can take it with him to the office and on his business trips.

Bye bye bottled waters....

and Hello savings!

Comments

Popular Posts