Transition

In a nutshell...

Army Life = Change, Change, and more Change!

For those who resist change, this certainly isn't the life for them.

It's not the life for the impatient, inflexible, and inert either.  Holy cow!

I've learned so much about myself during the 4 years and 10 months of being married to the military.

I married my husband in 2007, but little did I know that I was not only saying "I do" to the love of my life in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay, but I was saying "I do" to the U.S. Military as well.

He's a Soldier.

I love the military.

In fact, my father is retired Navy, but I grew up sheltered from the military way of life.  I pretty much grew up in one town until I left for college, never used military healthcare as a child, and lived in a small suburb far-far away from a military installation.

Now, at age 41, I'm immersed in the military lifestyle as a tourist is immersed in the crowd at Times Square on December 31st.

Change is now my middle name.

Whether I like it or not, I have to have tolerance for ambiguity.

And.......patience is a must!

So, needless to say, I'm leaning on God for everything during this transition more than ever.

This military life isn't easy, but it sure is a honorable life to say the least.

I know that change isn't easy, but without it we won't grow and live the life that God has planned for us.

So, I embrace this change of transition.

Hardships and all!

I have faith that God has us here in this great state of Texas for a reason.

Although we don't know what it is, He's making a way for something great.

I know it!

I pray that he uses us and our experiences to do great things for all His glory!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Popular Posts