Giving Thanks

Every night when either my husband or I put our son to sleep, we pray with our son.

We've been praying with him since he was one in hopes that he would some day understand the importance of giving thanks to our Lord and Savior. 

This evening, I was filled with so much joy in my heart when I heard our little man's prayer just minutes before he fell asleep.

It went like this...

Lord, thank you for mommy & daddy.
Thank you for Jesus.
and Thank you for IRON GIANT ROBOT.
I love you.
Amen.

We always give thanks for the first three (mommy, daddy, & Jesus), but the Iron Giant Robot addition was all him.

I couldn't believe my ears!  Our little one gets it!  He really gets it!

"Rejoice always, pray continually, and in everything give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Comments

Popular Posts