The Silent Ranks

I stumbled upon a poem this evening that pretty much sums up my reality as a military wife in a nutshell.

THE SILENT RANKS
I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give.
But the military world is the place where I live.

I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.
But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind.

My husband is a patriot, a brave and honorable man,
And the call to serve his country, not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so does our kid and me.

I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life.
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

- Unknown Author


"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts