My Heart's Calling

Something wonderful has happened and I want to share it with you all.

I'm bursting with joy and am overwhelmed by God's grace.

Here's my story...

Several years ago before I met my husband, I felt the call to serve women.

Exactly how to serve, I wasn't sure but my heart was tugging me in that direction and I prayed for the Lord to lead me.

Many years followed with frustration, confusion, and uncertainty while trying to figure out what God had laid on my heart.

There were many times when I even doubted His calling.  I thought, surely God would immediately open doors for me if that's where He wants me to serve. Shouldn't it be easy for me to find or create a ministry because He laid it on my heart?

I've knocked on doors only to have them close.

I've been discouraged and disappointed in all my attempts.

Well, fast forward eight years to the present...

I'm still very certain that my ministry is to serve women and I'm still faithfully praying and waiting on God's direction.

To my surprise, recently God opened a door.

Eight years later, Praise God .... He opened a door for this willing servant.

Three weeks ago I was asked to serve in leadership for a Mothers of Preschoolers group that I've attended periodically in our new town.  I had only attended three out of eight monthly meetings, never attended family functions, never participated in mother's night out events, and recently paid my membership dues for the first time.

This group is 65+ members strong and filled with ladies who are deeply rooted in the area.

Serve on leadership for this established group?

What?!!!  Me?

Although I asked the question, I immediately knew the answer.

This was God.

Tearfully, I walked through God's open door and accepted the invitation to lead this ministry.

From that moment on, rather than doors closing, the doors were opening.

One door after another.... after another.... after another....

As I look back on the eight years that God had me in a holding pattern waiting to serve the women that He had laid on my heart, I now know that those were my precious training years.

Years filled with tears and trials, but every trial overcome with Him by my side every step of the way.

He knew I wasn't ready to answer His call eight years ago.

He knew I needed to grow in Him through fellowship and spending time in the word.

And he knew I needed a timeout every once in a while.

I'm certainly far from perfect, but apparently I'm ready to answer His call.

I am joyful, excited, and extremely honored to serve God's kingdom.

I can't wait to see where He continues to lead me.

To Him be all the glory!

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

Comments

Popular Posts