My Shoes

For the past couple of weeks, my favorite Christian radio station, K-LOVE, has been promoting the opportunity to win a missions trip to Guatemala with Mikeschair and Shoes for Orphan Souls.

What a chance of a lifetime!

All you have to do is just send a photo of your shoes.  

Easy-peasy simple.

Every morning since the start of the contest, I would come up with creative shot ideas of my shoes for my entry...

Get excited about submitting my photo...

And just daydream of the opportunity to go on mission to Guatemala and work with orphaned children for Christ.

Plus, spend time with Mikeschair and hopefully listen to them sing a few beautiful tunes along the way.

But quickly after daydreaming each day, I would become distracted by the challenges of being a mom to a strong-willed toddler who commands 100% of my attention and end up forgetting about the contest.

This morning while I was driving my son to school, I heard the contest promotion on the radio.

Yippeeeeeeee!  I thought, maybe I still had a chance.

I rushed home.  Grabbed my basic point and shoot camera, ran by the window, and took this photo.
Yup, nothing fancy.  

No editing.

No elaborate backgrounds.

No graphics.

Just the best that I can do.

I hurried to my computer to upload my photo for the contest and discovered that they were already preparing to announce the winner in a few hours.

Oh man, I missed it!

Darn - darn - darn!

I love entering photo contests like these.  Just putting myself out there and leaving it in God's hands.

Oh well.  

This obviously wasn't meant to be for me.

So, instead of letting this photo just get filed away in my online photo library, I thought I'd share it with you all.

A little bummed, but I'll just keep pressing on and praying for God's direction on missions in the future.  

My heart certainly is there, but the timing may not be right.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  - Isaiah 40:31

Comments

Popular Posts