Hatch Chiles

It's October and I'm going through Hatch Chile withdrawals.

These seasonal peppers explode into the grocery stores here in Texas around Aug & Sept.

Then...

They're GONE!

GONE... GONE... GONE!!

It's so sad.

They're from Hatch, New Mexico and I fell in love them.

And you would too if you like peppers or anything spicy.

So...

Next year when the Hatch frenzy comes back, here are some things to look forward to.

Central Market's Hatch Chile Fest.

It's really amazing!

The place is crawling with Hatch EVERYTHING.

Hatch chips.....Hatch scones....Hatch jelly...

Here are a few things I picked up one morning.


Nevermind the malt balls and chocolate almonds.

They weren't Hatch.

I just had a major sweet tooth that day :)

Needless to say, I made several trips to Central Market during the season.


I also frequented other stores.


Aren't they gorgeous?!

Great price too.

There are many ways to cook these lovelies.

Here's a link to some recipes.

A recent favorite recipe and one that I've been using lately came from my friend.

It's super simple.

Here's a photo.

These are just cut in half, filled with 1 Tbsp light cream cheese, and wrapped with a half strip of low sodium bacon each.

Bake at 350 until pepper is tender and bacon is cooked.


Oh, man...

I so wish I could make these right now!


Yum - ME!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts