Amish Breakfast Casserole

Happy December!!

It's one of my most favorite times of the year...

and also the busiest.

From holiday parties to ...

Husband's office potlucks to ...

Breakfast playdates to ...

Fellowship breakfast meetings to ...

yadda .... yadda .... yadda.

The list is endless and for all of it -

I bring food.

I know, it's too much sometimes ... but I love it.

My go-to dish this holiday season has been an Amish Breakfast Casserole.


This dish is always and I mean ALWAYS a hit!

Even the gluten-free folks go nuts over it.

I found this recipe years ago online and recently discovered it again for this year's holiday gatherings.

It's amazingly simple and delicious.

I just throw the ingredients together the night before and store in the fridge.

Then the next morning, I bake it for 35-45 mins and BAM...

My kitchen smells amazing and I have a yummy crowd pleasing dish to share.

In case, you're in the market for a scrumptious casserole to bring to a breakfast or brunch this busy holiday season... consider this yummy casserole.

Amish Breakfast Casserole
adapted from allrecipes.com

1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
6 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups  frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Mexican four cheese (or swiss, or mild cheddar)
16 oz small curd cottage cheese

In large skillet, cook onion in olive oil until translucent.  Set aside.  In large bowl, combine eggs, hash browns, and cheeses.  Stir in bacon and onions.  Transfer to a greased 13in-9in-2in baking dish.

Either bake immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 mins until bubbly.  Let stand for 10 mins before cutting.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts