Wacky Wednesdays

Happy Hump Day!  It's the afternoon on Wednesday and I still have so much to do.  I tend to feel like this on Wednesdays.

Frantic.

Lots to do and not enough days in the week.

After my Optometrist appointment this morning, I walked outside and saw this.
A long line at the commissary entrance.

Typically these lines wrap around the building, but this one wasn't as bad.  Although I had a long list of errands to run today, I considered myself lucky and jumped right in.

Every Wednesday, the commissary on our post hosts Wacky Wednesday Deals (aka Manager's Specials) that are sold outside of the store.  These deals are usually Ah....mazing!  Mostly the people that I see in line are military retirees and a few stay-at-home moms with their kiddos.  

Really, who else can make these early morning shopping jaunts?


Getting closer...

The lady in the pink shirt is a retiree, great-grandmother, and cancer survivor.  God bless her!

I chit chat with folks while I'm waiting.  It makes the time go by faster.


YAY!  After 20 minutes of waiting and chatting, we finally made it to the deals.  

Oh, that big blow up dog, was there for a dog food company to promote their brand.  It sure was strange ...


These deals were great as usual.  Like $5 off a giant bag of turkey and ham slices for a total of $.99.  Also...

Five big boxes of cereal for $1.95 total ($.39 each).

Gotta love Wednesdays!


Comments

Popular Posts