Chicken Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce

I have a picky little eater in our house.

Here he is...

My little pirate.

Unlike most pirates, this one is super selective.  (I'm guessing that pirates eat everything....at least that's what I tell this one)

My husband and I both love food.

ALL FOOD!

So we don't understand picky.  How did this happen?

It's so tough cooking for a toddler who only wants to eat grapes.

But, thankfully I found the secret recipe ...

Chicken Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce.

Praise God for this dish!  He eats it every time and doesn't complain one bit.  

The sauce is unbelievably delish, by the way.

In fact, I make the sauce separately sometimes.  I keep a batch in the fridge and mix it with pasta in a pinch.  It's a lifesaver when the little man is screaming and crying and pulling on my leg in the kitchen while I'm trying to get his lunch or dinner plate together.

He's 3.

I'm praying this phase will be over soon.

Anyway, did I tell you this dish was super yummy?

I stole this recipe from my sister, who stole it from her neighbor.

It's definitely a keeper.

And.... I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't finish their plate.

So here it is.  Enjoy!


Chicken Pasta in a Tomato Cream Sauce   *Printable Recipe*
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 lb penne pasta
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cube chicken boullion cube (knorr brand)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup fat-free cream
salt & pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh basil, chiffonaded

Rinse chicken breasts in cold water.  Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness.  Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning.  In large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.  Add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side.  Set chicken aside to cool. 

In large pot, boil water with 1 Tbsp salt.  Add pasta and boil according to package directions.  

Heat 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 3-5 mins).  Add water and 1/2 chicken boullion cube to the pan and allow to reduce by half.  Once the water has reduced, stir in tomato sauce.  Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Turn heat to low.  Add parsley and basil to sauce and mix well.

Slice chicken.  Mix cooked pasta, chicken, and sauce. 

Comments

Popular Posts