Heaven is For Real

Last Sunday at bible study, my new friend, Jaime, recommended that I read a book called Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo.

She wanted to minister to me and help me with some issues that I have with our recent loss.

Although I've been feeling great lately, there are days when I don't ... and Sunday was one of those days.

I picked up the book at our military library yesterday morning and finished it within four hours.

It was absolutely fantastic!

I loved every page in the book.

It arrested my attention and I devoured every - single - word.

My spirit needed that book.

My heart needed that book.

It felt like ONE BIG HUG from my Heavenly Father for four hours.

You know the kind of hug you get where you're completely vulnerable and your guard is down?  Gasping for air because it's hard to breathe through all the tears.  Comforted by the peace of the embrace that you don't ever want to let go?

I'm reminded that God loves me.  He understands my pain.  Not because he loves me as my Almighty Father, but because he too lost His son......for me.

It's such a wonderful book that speaks to me.

It's my world and my eternity as I believe it to be as a Christian.

I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is in need of comfort.

I can't wait to see my friend, Jaime, on Sunday and give her the biggest hug that I can give.

I'm so thankful!

"And he said:  "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

Comments

Popular Posts