Cheesy Broccoli Rice

If you love cheese, you're going to absolutely LOVE this dish!

I found an amazing recipe on Pinterest.

Made a few changes to suit our taste.

And......BA-BAM!

Oooooey ..... gooooooey .... cheesy goodness!


Here's a closer look on my plate ...


Nom ..... Nom .... Nom .....!

My husband and I loved this so much, I made it again the following week.

Except this time, I threw in more broccoli, added several carrots, and some leftover chicken breast.


Comfort food at its finest, my friends.  Enjoy!

Cheesy Broccoli Rice           *Printable Recipe*

2 Tbsps butter
2 Tbsps olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
 1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 tsps dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cube chicken boullion cube (I use Knorr brand)
2-3 cups cooked brown rice
2 broccoli crowns, steamed

Grease a 9x13-in casserole pan.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add olive oil, garlic and saute until fragrant.  Whisk in flour and cook 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly.  Slowly whisk in milk, mustard, boullion cube, and season with salt & pepper.  Bring to a simmer 4 minutes, whisking occasionally.  Add cheeses; stir until mostly melted; remove from heat.  Stir in rice and steamed broccoli florets, pour into casserole pan.  Bake 30 minutes until bubbly and lightly golden on top.  Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts