Sausage Balls

Several years ago, my husband and I attended a Halloween party thrown by our friends in Virginia.

Here's what we looked like back then.
He was "The Dude" and I was the "Special Lady Friend".
(from The Big Lebowski movie)
He won Best Costume at the Party!
At the party, the hostess served an amazing spread of appetizers.  Among them were Sausage Balls which was our favorite.

This appetizer had a neat story...

While her husband was deployed to Iraq, she would make these, vacuum seal them, and include them in his care packages.  He shared them with a couple guys in his unit.  By the end of their tour in the Middle East, his entire unit looked forward to her care packages.  She couldn't send them fast enough!

I found a recipe that is similar to hers, made a small change, and voila...


They're very-very-very easy to make and perfect to serve or bring to a large gathering.

You may need to double the recipe though, because you can't eat just one.

By the way, I had to rush through this photo shoot because my husband slowly started sneaking a few off the plate.

Enjoy!

Sausage Balls    *Printable Recipe*
1 lb Jimmy Dean Hot sausage, uncooked
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400F.  Mix all ingredients until well combined (I use my hands).  Roll into 1-in balls.  Bake 20-25 minutes, or until brown.

Comments

Popular Posts