Japanese BBQ

Since the weather has been beautiful here in San Antonio and the evenings are perfect for spending outside, I've been in the grilling mood.

I just love the smell of food on the grill.

Last night we grilled one of my favorite chicken dishes that I copied off of my mom years ago.

She calls it Japanese BBQ, but I'm not even sure if it's truly a Japanese recipe.

Nevertheless, I call it Japanese BBQ.

It's very very very simple to make, hard to mess up, and tastes incredible.

I hope you try it on your grill.  

Enjoy!

Mom's Japanese BBQ     *Printable Recipe*
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup Rice Wine (I use Aji Marin)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Honey
salt to taste
1 bunch green onions


Mix rice wine, soy sauce, honey, salt, and green onions.  Add chicken thighs.  Marinade overnight and grill the next day.  Serve with rice or green salad.

note:  do not marinade for more than 24 hours.  chicken will be too salty.  trust me!

Comments

Popular Posts