Shortbread Cookies

Tuesdays are my days to relax with my little guy and attempt to integrate into our military community with a morning playgroup on post.

This morning we casually got up, slowly ate our breakfast, and watched morning cartoons on the Disney channel before getting ready to leave.

While I was sitting on the couch sipping my coffee, I realized .....

EEEEKKKKKKkkkkk.......I forgot to make cookies and buy valentines for the playgroup's Valentines Day party in 45 minutes.

I ran in the kitchen, took inventory of my fridge and pantry, and started thinking...

Ummmmm.......Ummmmm..........

Shortbread cookies!

These cookies only take 30 minutes to throw together, make 35 bite-sized cookies, and only require four ingredients.

Here's a close up of these little cuties before baking.


Cooling on the rack.


All done.  Nice and warm and ready to take to the playgroup.


Make sure to put one aside for yourself before you leave the house because once you put them out at the party there won't be any left to take home.

Enjoy!

Shortbread Cookies     *Printable Recipe*
from allrecipes.com

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.  Stir in the sugar, cornstarch, and flour.  Beat on low for one minute, then high for 3 to 4 minutes.  Roll cookies into balls.  Set 2 inches apart on ungreased (or parchment paper) cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the oven.

Comments

Popular Posts