All Packed Up

It's been a looooong and stressful week .... and it's only Wednesday!

On a positive note, our household goods are all packed up and on their way to Texas.  YeeHaw!  Here's a photo of the moving truck parked in front of our place this morning.


It was sad to watch everything get packed up and moved out.  I've really loved our little place and have enjoyed living on this Army post.

This is my first official military PCS (permanent change of station) move, and so far it's been surprisingly exhausting!  I've moved across country several times in the past, but my moves were paid for by big corporations which I've now learned is a whole different enchiladad.

In a nutshell, I think that the way the military does moves is for the birds.

I miss my corporate days.

Okay, not really.

Well....maybe sometimes.

Oh, and to add to this crazy and hectic week, my husband and I scheduled some last minute....."down to the wire" lunches, dinners, meetings, outings, gigs, and visits with friends.  What in the world were we thinking?!

We're nuts!

Although I love our friends and will miss them all dearly, at this point of overwhelming stress and exhaustion all I want to do is just get to Texas and maybe sleep for a week or so.

By the way, here's a photo of tonight's sky here in Virginia that my husband snapped with his camera phone.  It sure was stunning!

Comments

Popular Posts