Happy Mother's Day

Actually..... Happy Belated Mother's Day!

We're moving to Texas ya'll!!

As I type this, there are two strangers in our house going through each and every drawer, cabinet and closet, and packing it all up.  Then two more strangers (or three) will come tomorrow to haul it all away.

I know they introduced themselves and gave me their names, but I can't remember them.

I'm numb and I'm having a panic attack.

It's all very overwhelming since it's my first big military move.

Time to go to my happy place ----->  Mother's Day, May 13, 2012

Yesterday was such a wonderful - wonderful day.  I absolutely loved every minute of this blessed day with my family.

We were fortunate to have Luke's baby dedication at the church that we just love so much before we leave this area.  It was our last Sunday and certainly our most exciting.

Definitely bittersweet.

I love everything about our church.  Great Pastors - meaningful friendships - loving mentors.

I can't wait to find a similar church home/family in Texas.

Here's a photo of our little man holding a present given to him by one of the ladies from the church.  He was super excited, and already at age two......very thankful!


My husband also surprised me with this photo.



Because I'm usually the one behind the camera, I seldom have photos of myself and my little love.  While I hate photos of my backside, I'm thrilled to have a recent photo with the boy.  So I'll take what I can get.


For those asking "why a baby dedication".  Here's why...

"As surely as you live, my Lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord.  I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."  And he worshiped the Lord there. 
 - 1 Samuel 1:26-28

Comments

Popular Posts