Happy Spring Forward Day!

I absolutely love this time of year.  We get to enjoy more daylight, warm weather, green grass, beautiful flowers, shorts, and flip flops.  These things make me happy.

More time outdoors.  More fresh air inside the house.  More car rides with the windows rolled down.

I didn't have much time today, so I threw together one of my family's favorite meals - Linguine with Clams.  It's very quick and easy.  We all love this dish including the super picky toddler who always asks for seconds.  I served it on my "new" 45 cent china.  Isn't it lovely?!!

Linguine with Clams   *Printable Recipe*
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 (16 oz) pkg linguine pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 pkg fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cans chopped clams with juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.  Meanwhile, melt butter  in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add olive oil.  Saute garlic and mushrooms until golden brown.  Stir in clams with juice, salt and pepper.  Cook over medium heat until hot.  Toss with pasta until evenly coated.  Serve with parsley and parmesan cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts