New Friends

One of the things that I appreciate about the military lifestyle is the opportunity to meet new and interesting people often.  I love learning about their backgrounds and am intrigued by their experiences.

This evening we had a beautiful military family over for dinner who had just moved to Virginia from Alaska.

They drove the entire way.

Intriguing....isn't it?!

Who drives from Alaska to Virginia?  People who are moving two dogs, a horse, and a goat...that's who.

They were such a lovely family and I am very blessed to have had our paths cross.  I enjoyed listening to their stories rich in humor and learning of their experiences.  I hope to spend more time with them before we leave Virginia in a couple months.

I mean, how often do you get to meet someone's pet horse and goat?

About our dinner, we threw it together on the fly.  Since it was a last minute thing, my husband picked up pizza and salad before coming home from work.  Nothing fancy.

However, I couldn't let this dinner happen without making something from my kitchen.  So I rushed to create these little beauties.


The inspiration for these colorful cups came from a lady I met at a mom's group.  This sweet lady brought something similar to our last group meeting and verbally gave me the recipe in less than a minute.  That's how easy these are to make.

I don't know what to call them so I'm calling them Fruity Dessert Cups.  They're super easy to put together, make a beautiful presentation, and are quite tasty.

Enjoy!

Fruity Dessert Cups   *Printable Recipe*
1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
French Vanilla Yogurt
Blueberrys
Kiwi
Strawberries
Blackberrys
Paper cupcake cups

Cut crescent rolls in half.   Line muffin pan with cupcake cups and fill with each half of crescent round.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 mins.  Cool crescent rounds.  Top each round with 1 tsp of yogurt.  Decorate with fruit.

Comments

Popular Posts