Rainy Day Comfort

On cold rainy days like today, I love to indulge in some good hot comfort food.  After taking inventory of my fridge, pantry, and spices, I settled on making a childhood favorite - Chicken Tinola.  This filipino recipe is another that I adapted from my mom's kitchen.  Honestly it was tough to get a good shot of this mouth-watering dish and I didn't want to mess with it too much because I couldn't wait to dig right in!  This photo doesn't do it justice.  Trust me.....it's deeeelish!

Chicken Tinola   *Printable Recipe*
1 pkg boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 pieces)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T olive oil
1 T ginger, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 chicken boullion cube (I use knorr brand)
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 bunch of spinach

In a medium-sized pot, saute garlic and onions in oil until tender.  Add ginger and saute for about a minute.  Add chicken thighs, water, boullion cube, garlic powder, salt & pepper.  Cover and let boil over medium heat for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken is tender.  Add spinach and cook for an additional five minutes.  Serve over white or brown rice.

Comments

Popular Posts