Chicken Marsala

It's 5pm on Sunday, my husband & I look at each other and asked, 'what's for dinner'?  I scoured my online recipe bank for some ideas on a scrumptious recipe that included ingredients in the fridge and pantry.  Voila --- Chicken Marsala!  My husband's favorite Italian dish.  I tell myself, he's going to love this and will be so excited.  Of course, I've never made this dish before, so having high expectations was a little stressful.  I'm very very very happy to report that my first attempt at pulling off this dish was a two thumbs up from my foodie husband.  He loved it so much that he asked if we could add this to our 'must make again' list.  SCORE!  Here's my recipe that I adapted from allrecipes.com.

Chicken Marsala  *Printable Recipe*
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 pkg of sliced mushrooms
1 T onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
1 slice bacon, cut into 1/4 in strips
1/4 cup & 1 T butter
1/4 cup olive oil
flour
salt & pepper

In large saute pan, melt butter and add olive oil.  Season chicken with salt & black pepper.  Coat seasoned chicken in flour then add to pan.  Cook one side of chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned.  Flip and cook other side for 1-2 minutes.  Add mushrooms and bacon and cook until mushrooms are tender.  When chicken is almost cooked, add the Marsala wine and onion.  Allow of the wine to reduce by 90% and almost evaporated into thick syrup.  Remove pan from heat and toss the chicken and mushroom well.  Remove chicken and set aside.  Return pan to low heat and fold in butter into the reduced wine sauce.  Stir constantly so the sauce and butter do not separate.  Place chicken on a plate and spoon wine sauce over the chicken.

Comments

Popular Posts