Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups

I'm overwhelmed today with my little toddler and the amount of destruction the little guy can manage to create in a few short minutes.  Thankfully my husband has already had his cup of coffee and has taken over as his playmate for the morning.

He's so good to me.

While they played, I had some time to myself and chose to spend it buying a few groceries and browsing the Disabled Vets of America Thrift Store.  I donated some items to the store last week and while inside I spotted some beautiful china.

I'm crazy about china.

I've had that china on my mind all week, so I quickly drove by there and snatched it up for a whopping 45 cents.  WooHoo!

I just love a great bargain!

Here's today's yummy lunch served on my gorgeous little find.

Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups   *Printable Recipe*
adapted from  Homemade by Holman
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, drained
10 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
3 tsp ancho chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 T chopped green onion
salt to taste
4-6 large flour tortillas (I use Tomato Basil)

Season chicken breasts with salt, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder.  Add chicken to a skillet with 1 cup of water.  Cover and cook on med-high head until chicken is cooked through.  Once chicken is cooked, cool slightly and shred.  In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, tomatoes, cheese, remaining spices, cilantro and onions.  Mix together until well incorporated.  Add cooled chicken and stir together.  Lay out tortilla and fill with a scoopful of chicken mixture.  Spread into a think layer in the middle of the tortilla avoiding the ends.   Roll each tortilla tightly.  Do not fold in the ends like a burrito but leave them free.  Use a sharp knife to cut into 1" thick slices and transfer to a serving platter.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Comments

Popular Posts