Tropical Green Energy

Where do I begin?  Oh, I'll just say it ...  I LOVE GREEN SMOOTHIES!  I've heard so much about these type of smoothies for years and finally decided to give them a try.  Now I'm wondering why I waited so stinkin' long.  These are very refreshing, surprisingly delicious, and packed with tons and tons of vitamins and minerals.  Instead of my usual breakfast meal of gluten-free toast, peanut butter, and coffee, I indulged in these yummy green drinks for the past two days.  I honestly believe it has given me more energy and has kept me full and satisfied until lunch time.  There are so many green smoothie recipes out there, but this is the one that my husband & I found to be our favorite.  For information on the plethora of health benefits provided from this single green drink, click here.


Tropical Green Energy  *Printable Recipe*
adapted from skinnytaste.com

1-2 cups of fresh spinach
1 T plain greek yogurt
1/2 banana
6 pineapple chunks
1 T shredded coconut
1/2 cup of water
2 ice cubes

Blend until smooth.  Serves 1.  Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular Posts