Asparagus Salad

Asparagus is in season!  It's one of my favorite veggies and I'm so excited to make some yummy dishes for my family.  Actually just for my husband and I because the two-yr old toddler isn't a fan ... yet.

Discovered an amazing deal at Costco yesterday.  This big 2.25 lb bag of delicious green stalks were only $3.99.  WooHoo!


Threw them in a bowl of water to keep them nice and fresh in my fridge throughout the week.


Grabbed a few stalks today for lunch to roast them in my toaster oven and make this ah...mazing asparagus salad.  

Nom! - Nom! - Nom!


This is the plate I made my husband for dinner.  He loved it as much as I did.


The recipe I used is from recipes.com.  I modified it a little by using pine nuts instead of walnuts and lightly poached my egg instead of setting the yolk completely.

I love it when the yolks are a little runny.  Oh.... and the dressing is incredible!

Asparagus Salad   *Printable Recipe*
adapted from recipes.com
10 asparagus spears
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 T pine nuts
1 T goat cheese crumbles
1 radish, sliced
1 egg
1 tsp white vinegar
1 T olive oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus.  Coat with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until tender or crunchy depending on your preference.  Toast pine nuts in oven for approx 2-3 minutes until golden brown.

For poached eggs, lightly grease a skillet.  Fill skillet halfway with water; add white vinegar.  Bring water to boiling; reduce heat to simmering.  Break 1 egg into a measuring cup.  Carefully slide egg into simmer water, holding lip of cup as close to water as possible.  Simmer eggs, uncovered, 6 minutes or until yolks are set.  Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.  Season egg with salt and pepper.

For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whish together 1 T olive oil, 2 tsp white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and salt.

To serve, place asparagus on plate.  Top with radish slices and egg.  Sprinkle with goat cheese and pine nuts.  Drizzle with vinaigrette.  Serves 1.

Comments

Popular Posts