Thai Mango Sticky Rice

One of my guilty pleasures is indulging in Thai Mango Sticky Rice. This dessert is a sweet rice, mango, coconut cream sauce creation that is to die for.  It's served with chilled mango slices.  To - Die - For!

I searched for recipes online and grabbed bits and pieces from various ones that appeared to resemble the decadent dessert that I love so much.

This is what I came up with.


It was every bit as indulgent as I had hoped for.  This dessert far exceeded all of my expectations.  My husband also loved it and we savored every single bite.  Enjoy!

Thai Mango Sticky Rice   *Printable Recipe*
1/2 cup sweet rice (available at Asian grocery stores or military commissary)
3/4 cup water
6 T coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
3 T agave (or raw sugar)
1 Mango, sliced

In a small pot, soak sweet rice in water for an hour.  Once rice has doubled in size, add 2 T coconut milk, salt, and 1 T agave.  Bring to a boil and cook rice until tender, stirring occasionally.  In a separate bowl, mix 4 T coconut milk and 2 T agave.  To serve, scoop rice onto plate and pour 1-2 T of coconut sauce over rice.  Add mango.




Comments

Popular Posts